Wednesday 27 March 2013

a[s]g Tyger Valley:

With the absence of team manager Paul Cordes, we arrived at the Tyger Valley College fairly early Saturday morning to organise and setup our base for the day.

The a[s]g Pinarello trailer with Epic Sports gazebos looked fantastic as always and it was soon time to line up for the 70km challenge.

I must admit I felt relaxed, but very eager to dish out some pain. It didn't take long for a select group to go off the front, with myself and a few senior riders like Andrew McClean and Julius Cobbet.
With no one willing to help me or contribute to the pace making the race turned into an uptempo training ride for me. On the flat fast gravel roads I couldn't keep my eyes off my beautiful CycleOps Joule head unit to measure my power and heart rate efforts to perfection.
After a frustrating first 40kms of negative riding, I managed to split the group with a rather negative tactical move in a single track section.


I knew riding off by myself would be super tough if they pulled together so I still just rode within myself. A while later only Andrew regained contact and then stuck to my wheel once again.
On the last rocky rise about 3km before the finish, I had enough left in the tank and with the help of great traction from my Continental rubber, I managed to ride him off and take the win. Julius finished 3rd.


All and all it was a good day out for us with team mates Amy and Jacques also winning their races.


Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment