Monday 11 March 2013

African Continental Champs:

I've experienced some exciting xco races in the past, but this was definitely one of the best tussles I've ever had on a bicycle.

With some rain during the lady's race, there was a big question mark hanging over tire choice for most of the guys. I felt confident with a Continental X-King on the front and a Race King rear combo.

From the gun Brendon Davids went off the front, but the racing in the chase group was so close that our positions changed between 2nd and 6th all way through the race. I tried to ride my own pace and avoid the early attacks to save some energy, but still had to fight to stay in contact with the group.

Once again all the equipment worked 100% and after 5 slick laps with some serious 'vasbyt' and a bit of luck I managed to finish 3rd against a very competitive field. James Reid finished 2nd with Brendon hanging on to take the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment