Sunday 12 February 2012

SA XCO National #1

It was as always a super long drive down to Cape Town for the first leg of the XCO National series. We only arrived at the venue on Friday afternoon and I was amped to get on the course. Practice went well. I followed Matthys and Gert for a couple of laps and felt comfortable with the dry an dusty conditions.

The confusion before the start made it hard to stay  focused on the race ahead, but when the whistle blew things got real intense. I managed a proper start and even with a few mistakes the first lap flew by.
Half way into the 2nd lap I cut a sidewall on my rear tyre and I tried to plug it. For about 30 seconds it felt fine until the plug shot out. I had to run the rest of the lap or destroy my rim. Running it was! 

In the tech zone Andre Cordes from Epic Sports helped me out with a wheel. The new goal was not to get lapped. Unfortunitly the course was really short and fast and after losing more than 7 minutes...

The legs felt fresh but I just didn't feel comfortable on the day. I managed a steady pace but Rourke passed me before I could start my final lap.

Till next time!
A


No comments:

Post a Comment